We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Chef Manager to join our team at one of our sites in Amersham, HP6.
This is a prestigious independent school and we are looking for a Chef Manager to lead the large kitchen team.
The food is freshly prepared using seasonal ingredients that are local (where possible) and the menus you design should contain influences from around the World to ensure that they capture the wide range of tastes within the site’s demographic.
The site prepares and serves breakfast, lunches and hospitality which include sports teas, very occasional canape an fine dine events as well as working lunches. The daily lunch offer includes a soup, main meal, dessert, salad bar and grab and go pots. The successful candidate should have an eye for detail and be a real team player who will work alongside their team in the kitchen to develop the offer and raise the standards.
Our daily offering includes a soup, hot main meal, dessert, salad bar and grab and go pots.
The successful candidate will have an eye for detail and be a real team player who will work alongside their team in the kitchen to develop the offer and raise the standards.
As our Chef Manager, you will need to manage your time effectively, working hands on in the kitchen in the production of all food and managing the team.
Key responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Taking the lead in managing and training the team
- Designing and creating an innovative menu based on current high street trends
- Preparing breakfast, lunch and evening meals using the freshest, seasonal ingredients
- Processing of paperwork relating to payroll, invoicing etc.
- Ensuring all members of staff have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Ensuring that all food waste during preparation and service is kept to a minimum
- Ensuring that all food being served is consistent and follows the Wilson Vale brand standards, whilst having that additional flair
- Keeping up to date with trends and including the trends within your menu
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, 52 week contract. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the business and the unit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.