We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef manager to join our team at one of our conference venues in High Wycombe.
We are a contract catering company that provides a fresh food service, serving seasonal and innovative food to a rosette standard for a busy conference venue.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent craft skills, be flexible in their approach and have the ability to work on their own initiative. They will also have experience working in a high pressure environment at Chef Manager level.
As our Chef Manager, you will need to manage your time effectively, working hands on in the kitchen in the production of all food and managing the team.
You will need fresh and current menu ideas and must be able to show flare in your work. Good financial understanding is required and you will need to be able to oversee and develop the offering.
Key responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Taking the lead in managing and training the team
- Designing and creating an innovative menu based on current high street trends
- Preparing breakfast, lunch and evening meals using the freshest, seasonal ingredients
- Processing of paperwork relating to payroll, invoicing etc
- Ensuring all members of staff have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Ensuring that all food waste during preparation and service is kept to a minimum
- Ensuring that all food being served is consistent and follows the Wilson Vale brand standards, whilst having that additional flair
- Keeping up to date with trends and including the trends within your menus
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent position, working 5 days out of 7, 50 hours per week. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the business and the unit.
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.