We are recruiting for passionate, friendly and experienced Chef Managers to work as part of our team to cover Cambridge and the surrounding area.
The Catering service we provide is for client’s sites ranging from independent schools, law firms and manufacturing sites and so on. We prepare fresh food from sandwiches, to a Modern gastro style with a twist /worldwide cuisine. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent craft skills, be flexible in their approach and able to work on their own initiative and in a team environment. This is an exciting role where the focus is on preparing and serving fresh food to a high standard, working front of house so customer interaction is vital.
We have sites in central Cambridge and the surrounding area.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude looking for potential progression and have a extensive experience in cooking innovative meals from fresh ingredients.
Must have good understanding and experience using Microsoft Excel. All uniform is provided and a meal is available each day if desired.
Key responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Taking the lead in managing and training the team
- Designing and creating an innovative menu based on current high street trends
- Preparing breakfast, lunch and evening meals using the freshest, seasonal ingredients
- Processing of paperwork relating to payroll, invoicing etc.
- Ensuring all members of staff have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Ensuring that all food waste during preparation and service is kept to a minimum
- Ensuring that all food being served is consistent and follows the Wilson Vale brand standards, whilst having that additional flair
- Keeping up to date with trends and including the trends within your menu
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
We have permanent positions available, working 5 days out of 7, 40 hours per week. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the business, this may include evening and weekend hours.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer