Executive Head Chef
We are looking for an Executive Head Chef to work at a prestigious law firm in Birmingham, B4.
We are a contract catering company, producing and serving fresh, seasonal food to a high standard.
You will be working in the kitchen preparing and cooking the food for 300 staff at the staff restaurant as well as 60-80 delegates per day on hospitality. Our hospitality catering consists of working lunches, buffets and fine dining to a very high standard.
The successful candidate will be able to produce food using fresh, seasonal ingredients to a very high standard and run a very busy kitchen. Due to the nature of the site, the hospitality offering is very busy.
As our Exec Head Chef you will;
- Be a responsible, dedicated and strong leader with the ability to manage of brigade of talented chefs across restaurants and functions.
- Have the ability to train and develop your team supportively and professionally.
- Deliver consistent food standards, following the Wilson vale brand standards, also adding additional flair to the conference and banqueting offerings.
- Have fresh and current menu ideas and can show flair in your work
- Have extensive financial understanding
- Write rota’s/menus, work to budgets and work to costed labour budgets.
- Previous experience working in quality dining and in a big kitchen/large numbers-banqueting.
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent position, working 5 days per week, 7am to 3.30pm. A degree of flexibility is required due to the nature of the position and to cater for any requirements of the site.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.