We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable General Assistant to join our team at one of our independent schools in Shrewsbury, SY2.
We are a contract catering company, providing fresh food for over 350 employees.
We provide breakfast and lunch service, as well as hospitality. The lunch service consists of hot and cold mains, salad bar and a grab and go section.
As our General Assistant, you will:
- Have previous experience in a customer service focused role
- Have previous experience in a similar environment
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and ensure all areas are clean and tidy
- Be involved in preparing the sandwiches to a high standard
- Keep the kitchen clean to a high food safety level
- Handle deliveries
- Be involved with some hospitality
- Assist and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and restaurant area
- Serve the pupils over the counter
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 32.5 hours per week, 12.15pm to 7pm, with overtime. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the unit, including occasional evening events.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your application in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.