We are looking for an experienced Head Housekeeper to join and lead our Housekeeping team at a busy Conference Centre in Central Birmingham, B4.
We are a contract catering company, serving fresh food to a high standard to a variety of businesses across the UK. At this busy Conference Centre, we run both the catering and housekeeping facility/service.
As our Head Housekeeper, you will be responsible for ensuring the housekeeping team perform their duties to the standard required. You will lead by example, have proven supervisory and customer service skills and be capable of motivating a large team of staff. You will also be responsible for the smooth operation of the whole housekeeping department. Flexibility, commitment and enthusiasm are essential qualities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role at senior manager level
- Good team management skills and communication at all levels
- Ability to complete room checks in line with internal and external standards
- Experience of maintaining stock control
- Experience using IT equipment
The role involves:
- Ensuring all guest accommodation and public areas are at the highest standard of cleanliness
- Training and motivating staff
- Ensuring the department runs within a given purchasing budget
- Ensuring the maintenance programme is completed and developed, whilst maintaining spot checks
- Managing payroll and associated costing
- Being responsible for all contracts held in respect to laundry services, contractors and other agreements within the housekeeping framework
- Maintaining effective communication links and relationships with all staff and departments
- Ensuring guest requirements met a 5* standard
- Employing good communication skills, with the ability to solve problems to assist in the operation of the entire resort, including regular staff meetings
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent position, working 5 days out of 7, 40 hours per week, predominantly morning shifts. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the business.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.