We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team at our B&I sites in Melbourn, SG8.
We are a contract catering company that provides a fresh food service.
We serve lunch from 12pm to 2pm for around 130-150 customers. We offer 1 hot main, 1 hot vegetarian main, fresh soup and homemade bread with a hot deli.
We also offer a grab and go area with a made to order sandwich deli counter. Our salad bar consists of traditional salad with new alternative grains. We cater for any hospitality lunches and have 2 theme days per month.
As our Kitchen Assistant you will be keen, helpful, approachable and will be able to work within a team of 7 in a busy environment. You will have good attention to detail and adhere to all health and safety legislation.
You will be required to operate the till and serve food during service and there will also be some requirement to assist with the washing up.
You may also be involved in the preparation of vegetables and other areas of the kitchen.
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
- Full training will be given but previous experience is preferred within a customer service driven environment.
This is a permanent, full time position working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the site.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.