We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Porter to join our team at one of our sites in Cambridge, CB1. This position is to cover maternity leave.
We are a contract caterer, providing fresh, seasonal food for up to 200 customers during the breakfast and lunch service, as well as any hospitality events as required. We provide hot breakfast through to lunch which is all freshly prepared on site using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
The successful candidate will be flexible in their approach and will be able to work on their own initiative, but also work great as part of a team of 6.
You will be involved in assisting with the restaurant service, deli bar sandwich preparation and maintaining the busy grab and go counter display. You will also be responsible for labelling all food items and serving customers on the till.
As our Kitchen Porter, you will:
- Have previous experience as a General Assistant and/or Barista roles
- Have a basic understanding of food safety and hygiene
- Have good customer service skills
- Be able to work in a high pressure environment
- Be organised and have excellent time keeping skills
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent, full time position, working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the unit, including evening functions and any overtime as required.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.