We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Porter to join our team at one of our sites in Cambridge, CB4.
We are a contract caterer, providing fresh, seasonal food for up to 300 customers during the breakfast and lunch service, as well as any hospitality events as required.
We provide hot breakfast through to lunch which is all freshly prepared on site using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
The successful candidate will be flexible in their approach and will be able to work on their own initiative, but also work great as part of a team.
Full training will be provided as well as uniform(s) and meals on duty.
As our Kitchen Porter, you will:
- Preferably have previous experience in a busy catering environment, although this is not essential
- Have a basic understanding of food safety and hygiene
- Have good customer service skills
- Be able to work in a high pressure environment
- Be organised and have excellent time keeping skills
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent, full time position, working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 8am to 4pm. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the unit.
Please note:Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.