Relief Catering Assistants
We are currently recruiting three Relief Catering Assistants based in Cambridge.
We are a contract catering company who provide a fresh and seasonal food service to a variety of sites across the UK. The catering service we provide is for client’s sites ranging from independent schools, law firms and manufacturing sites and so on. We prepare fresh food from sandwiches, to a Modern gastro style with a twist /worldwide cuisine. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent craft skills, be flexible in their approach and able to work on their own initiative and in a team environment.
This is an exciting role where the focus irs on preparing and serving fresh food to a high standard, working front of house so customer interaction is vital.
Whilst this role is based in Cambridge, on occasion you may be asked to cover other Wilson Vale sites across the UK as business requires.
We are looking for a dedicated, honest and reliable employee to join our friendly and hardworking team. We can offer good training and prospects within our team for the right candidate.
As our Catering Assistant, you will:
- Have experience working in a similar role and environment
- Be highly organised and comfortable working in a high-pressured environment
- Ensure you have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Keep up standards of hygiene and ensure all areas are clean and tidy
- Have excellent customer service and social skills
- Be responsible for the preparation and serving of food to staff
- Have a can do attitude and will work well as part of a team of 8
- Be customer focused
- Have basic food knowledge
- Be willing to participate and enjoy working part of the team
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent, full time position, working 5 days out of 7. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the unit.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.