Senior Sous Chef
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Sous Chef to join our team at one of our conference centres in High Wycombe.
We are a contract catering company that provides a fresh food service, serving seasonal and innovative food to a rosette standard for a busy centre. This is a fast paced site which serves on trend food from around the world, offering breakfast, lunches and an extensive hospitality service.
Our breakfast service consists of freshly prepared pastries, yoghurts with homemade granolas, locally sourced sausages and bacon for our freshly prepared English breakfast.
The successful candidate will have experience working with fresh, on trend food in a similar role or environment. Consistency in food preparation and production is essential. You will also support the Chef Manager and be responsible for preparing the hot food, writing menus and ensuring due diligence is completed and maintained.
You will be able to create and develop our dishes and will assist the Chefs in creation of weekly menus. A knowledge and understanding of the important of stock and food wastage is essential.
As our Senior Sous Chef, you will:
- Have excellent people skills
- Have general knowledge of food hygiene, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Be passionate about food and customer service
- Have superb culinary skills
- Have good organisational and communication skills
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a large team
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Why work for us?
- Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering – we are strong believers in work / life balance
- Our pay rates are extremely competitive
- Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme for all employees
- Life assurance scheme for all employees
This is a permanent position, working 5 days out of 7, 40 hours per week. A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the business and the unit.
Please note: Due to volumes of applicants, our vacancies can close early and we may be unable to respond to you if your application is unsuccessful. Make sure you get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Wilson Vale is an equal opportunities employer.