Garden pea and grilled courgette salad
Why not try this fresh garden pea, grilled courgette, haloumi and pumpkin seeds salad. A fantastic vegetarian lunch option.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Olive oil, for brushing
2 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
4 litres filtered water
150g baby green beans
200g (1 cup) fresh garden peas
1 bunch broccolini
150g haloumi, torn
50g (3 tbsp) pumpkin seeds, to serve
Orange and lemon dressing
Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
60ml (3 tbsp) white wine vinegar
80ml (4 tbsp) lemon pressed olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. For dressing, place all ingredients in a screw top jar, seal with lid and shake to combine.
2. Heat a chargrill plate over a high heat until very hot. Brush sliced courgette with oil and chargrill for a 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Set aside in a large bowl until required.
3. Bring a large saucepan of filtered water to the boil. Add green beans and cook for 1 minute, add peas and broccolini, cooking for a further 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and quickly plunge into an ice bath of very cold filtered water. Drain well before adding to courgette and set to one side.
4. Place a frying pan over a high heat, add torn haloumi pieces and drizzle with oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is beginning to become crisp and golden. Add to the bowl of courgette and toss to combine.
5. Serve salad with a generous drizzle of dressing and a scatter of pumpkin seeds.