Honey and Cinnamon Apple Pie
We are very proud to support the British BeeKeepers Association by adopting 50 beehives from around the UK! There’s nothing quite like using honey in some classic recipes, so why not try this delicious homemade apple pie with natural, healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
300g plain flour
60ml sunflower oil
80ml ice water
For the filling
480g sliced apples
15 melted butter
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Measure flour into a bowl. Add butter and cut into flour.
2. Add oil slowly and continue to cut or mix until dough looks crumbly.
3. Slowly add ice water and mix until you can gather the dough into a ball. Divide the ball into two halves and set aside one half for the top.
4 Place the other half of your dough onto a floured, flat surface.
5. Flatten the dough with your hand, sprinkle a little flour over dough and roll out to form a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Place in a 9-inch pie pan (lightly dusted with flour).
6. Flute edges and cut off excess dough with a knife. Prick dough several times with a fork to prevent bubbling. Set aside.
7. Now prepare the other half of the dough. Place your dough onto a floured, flat surface. Flatten the dough with your hand, sprinkle a little flour over dough and roll out to form a circle about 12 inches in diameter or roll out and cut into strips if you would like to create a lattice for the pie top.
8. For the filling, combine apples, honey, flour, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
9. Pour into prepared crust and then add your pastry top. If you are using a pastry circle for the top, prick the pastry so the steam can escape.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.