Makes 1 tray
125g Ginger snaps
125g Digestive biscuits
125g Butter – melted
75g soft brown sugar
- Blitz biscuits and mix in with sugar and melted butter.
- Grease the try and then line the base with the biscuit base – nice and compact.
400ml semi skimmed milk
25g birds custard powder
25g caster sugar
1 drop of vanilla essence
- Heat 300ml of milk with the sugar in a heavy based pan until combined.
- With the remainder of the milk mix with the custard powder and add slowly to the heated milk and sugar.
- Cook through gently for 3-4 minutes and then pour onto the top of the biscuit mix.
350g full fat cream cheese
85ml double or whipping cream
2 dessert spoons of icing sugar
- Whisk the cream and icing sugar together until stiff peaks.
- Using a plastic spatula fold in the cream cheese and vanilla essence.
- Once combined layer the cheesecake mix on top of the caramel base once cooled.
- Then refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour.
3 full rhubarb stalks
3 dessert spoon of icing sugar
500ml water & zest of half a lemon
1 teaspoon of agar-agar
- Prep the rhubarb into 2inch sticks that will line the frame in the same direction.
- Lightly poach the rhubarb in the water with the sugar and lemon zest for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep the liquor but remove the poached rhubarb stalks and place on a towel for 2 minutes to cool.
- Once cool place the rhubarb on top of the cooled cheesecake mix.
- Meanwhile add the agar-agar to the remaining liquor (300ml approx) and bring to the boil, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Take off the heat and once the mix has cooled slightly, spoon the rhubarb liquor over the top of the rhubarb stalks and set in the fridge for 2 hours.